About Amiho Technology
AMIHO is a small, rapidly growing company based in the thriving and picturesque University city of Cambridge. We provide wireless communications for the Smart Metering, Smart City and Internet of Things sectors. We develop our own innovative products, hardware and software, that connect the ‘Things’.
We are situated at the renowned St John’s Innovation Centre, with excellent access by road, bus or guided bus.
We are a forward thinking company and always pleased to hear from exceptional talent with expertise in Wireless Communications.
Direct applications only please.
Currently, we are not hiring. However, if you are an Embedded Software Engineer and you feel like you love what we do and have relevant experience please drop us a line.
Embedded Software Engineer
AMIHO Technology designs wireless control and communications products for smart energy, automation and Internet of Things.
We are an ambitious, export-focussed company, seeking a capable embedded software engineer interested in innovative low power radio communications and product design for pan-European applications.
Working in our Cambridge office you will join a small but growing technical team, in a relaxed, friendly and international environment. You will be highly motivated and happy to work both individually and with customers on a variety of challenging and rewarding projects.
You will design, develop and test software for embedded radio communications, particularly for smart energy, industrial control and other high volume applications, primarily using microcontrollers or communications processors. You may also assist customers in product specifications and system integration for novel applications, ranging from wide area micro-power data monitoring to wildlife conservation, as well as create brand new products for machine to machine communications.
Skills and Experience Required:
- Excellent ‘C’ programming skills for resource constrained applications
- Good technical communication skills
- Good problem solving abilities
- A commitment to quality and innovation
- A degree or equivalent experience
- Experience of programming ARM microcontrollers
- C++, Visual C++, Python and assembler programming languages
- Experience of programming for operating systems including Linux
- Knowledge of electronics and radio communications
- Knowledge of IP networking and communication protocol stacks
- Experience of source control systems
- Experience of IoT, telematics, remote monitoring and control applications
Our customers are located throughout Europe, as well as Japan, India and the USA. As part of the job there may be the opportunity to travel within Europe and beyond. The ability to speak a foreign language is not necessary, but would be welcomed.
The preferred candidate should have several years of embedded programming experience, preferably for machine-to-machine communications. Exceptional recent graduates shall also be considered